1) An indoor home, with YOU...where the dog lives and sleeps.
2) Having your dog spayed or neutered, unless you are actively
showing your dog in conformation, or if medically contraindicated.
3) Access to a safe, fenced yard where the dog can run and safely
potty and play....and always being kept on a leash when not inside a
4) Regular grooming: bathing, brushing, nail trims.
5) Being kept on heart-worm and flea prevention medication
monthly, according to your Vet's
recommended schedule for your geographic area.
6) Regular yearly Vet exams, fecal exams, dental cleanings, HW test,
shots or titers....per your Vets recommended schedule.
7) Blood tests and other diagnostic checks per your Vets recommended
schedule for your dogs age. AND following through on them
8) Be able to spend time training your dog. Dogs learn good
manners, they are not born with them.
9) Keeping ID on your dog at all times. (tags on collar, Microchip
10) Noticing changes in your dog and taking action. Immediate and
follow up Vet care for any injury or illness OR change in behavior.
11) Feeding a high quality dog food. NO generic or bargain brands.
12) Accommodating your aging dogs changing needs. (Vet care, tests,
pain meds etc)
13) Committing yourself to your dog for the rest of the dogs life.